Saturday, February 27, 2010

See, I Told You

I told you I see lots of things I don't have time to make. Here's another idea for you. I saw these fabulous jars at Burgon & Ball. And you could so easily make your own! Here's how I would try it (and please tell me if you do): Take some self-adhesive paper (like contact paper or wall vinyl) and cut out the word or phrase you want, using a Cricut machine. Peel out the word/phrase and adhere the reverse (the rest of the sheet) to a jar you already have (so it's like a sticky stencil). Take some glass etching paint and follow instructions to paint in the stencil. Remove the stencil and there you go!
Of course you could also cut out words from solid colored sticky sheets, but that wouldn't be very permanent. Could work for a cute neighbor or housewarming gift though!
You should try it, and take pictures and send them to me. Pin It

1 comment:

Unknown said...

so cute. i'm doing it.