Sunday, June 24, 2012

Things I'd Like to Make: King Duvet Cover

This week I had this idea for a duvet cover, and I love the idea, but I'm not sure I'm actually going to make it. The reason is that I'm not yet sure it will go with the rest of what I have in mind for my master bedroom. So I thought I'd go ahead and share it with you in case I never end up making it.
My inspiration comes from this fabric by Anna Maria Horner:

I've always loved this print and made a dress for Ava from it. But it's not the proper scale for making a full duvet with. So I thought I could customize the print to whatever color and size I'd like, maybe something like this (try to imagine this covering a bed):


Here's how I'd do it. I would buy 2 white cotton sheets for the sides, and cotton fabric in each of the desired colors for the middle. I'd then cut strips of the colored fabric to the appropriate length and sew them all together. Then I'd lay the two white sheets out with the color strips in the middle and pin it down and sew all the edges under (somehow). That part might take a little messing with to get it right. So there's the top and I think the rest would be fairly self explanatory. And it would be pretty darn cheap to make too. I'd love to see this as a final product, I might just have to do it. Pin It

2 comments:

Emily said...

Ooh that's pretty! I have the blue version of the fabric in my stash and would not've thought to piece together a larger scale. Good luck!

Phan Thương said...

Hung was formerly an official distributor of industrial lubricants of Shell in the North. Currently, in addition to oil trading, we also trade in transportation and equipment trading. After nearly 12 years of establishment and development, Yen Hung is now a prestigious partner of nearly 10,000 large and small domestic and international factories. Main products:
giá dầu truyền nhiệt
dầu bánh răng
dầu tuần hoàn
dầu dẫn nhiệt
dầu thủy lực shell
mỡ bò bôi trơn chịu nhiệt